Prep / 1 C

Prep / 1 C
Here are our Busy Bees, inside our classroom.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Our Big Celebration Arrives At Last!

How incredibly lucky we were to have you all coming in today for our Readers' Theatre and Book Readings.  It is an incredibly busy time at the moment, and with so many of you working I know what a big effort you all put in to get there today. The children were so thrilled to have you there, and remained on a big high all day!  Now all their efforts in reading and writing seems all the more worthwhile!

For those of you who were unable to make it today here are some shots of us all reading our books to Mums, Dads, Nans, Grandmas, Grandpas, sisters, friends and Mrs Sibley.


I thought and I said to the elf, “Can I have a jet please?”  I was amazed.  I would like to fly the jet.  I started it and we took off.  I was happy and the elf was happy too.  We saw a kangaroo. (Morgan)


I was worried.  What if I got stuck on a rock? And what if I ran out of fuel again?  Or what if I got stuck in the sea?  But I still went on bravely.  (Noah)

Did you notice the great use of describing words in their writing?  This helps the reader to be able to create a 'movie in their head' as they visualise what is happening in the story. 

It was a sunny day.  Suddenly I saw a submarine scope.  “Look out!” yelled the elf.  The submarine fired a missile.  It hit us.  The helicopter was going down.  We crashed into the water.  We were sinking fast.  We were terrified.  “Is this the end?”  (Freddie)



Finally we were there.  Santa was inside the door, he could see us and he said, “Come inside!” (Julian)





Did you notice how the children gave their book 'voice' by telling you how they were feeling during the dramatic events of their book?  


I thought and thought, then I had an idea.  I wished for a navy jet.

I felt awesome!  I saw dolphins and suddenly I saw a missile!  (Cale)


 Did you notice how your child created tension or drama with their opening sentences so that the reader wants to read more?

Water was gushing into the bottom of the ship.  The terrified pirates were rushing up the ladder to get out of the water, because sharks had come in with the gushing water!  What were we going to do now?  (Ryan)


 Amy proudly told us that her Dad had said that he couldn't wait for the movie, what a brilliant comment, she was so proud!

I was bored, then Santa rushed in and had exciting news.  “It’s time to deliver the presents!”  “Hey!  I can go home!” I said.
(Amy)


 Were you also blown away by their amazing imaginations, as was I?

I was feeling worried.  If we were going to get there in time we would have to get there quickly.  So the elf tapped his head and a bubble appeared.  A bubble that would get us to the North Pole.
(Ella)


I felt terrified.  I was screaming and the elf was more than terrified, because the elf is littler.  (Luke) 


I saw a Tasmanian devil.  The elf was getting scared. The Tasmanian devil was growling at us.  The Tasmanian devil was on the big red rock.  He was getting closer and closer.  (Jed) 

We all know about the literary award that the best picture story books get each year.  So  I have placed a gold sticker on each child's book, for each and every one of them deserve their very own literary award!


I had a good idea to get to the North Pole.  I got a blimp to get us to the North Pole.

I was excited.  It was pretty windy and cold.  We zoomed through the air.  We went so fast!  (Reece)


Santa was excited to see his sack and his favorite elf.  He rewarded me with jumper boots.  I said, “You shouldn’t have done that!” but he did it anyway.  (Eli) 


I was in my flying car.  I heard a noise of the cannon.  It was loud.  The pirates had hit our wheels.  Our car started to fall down.   (Aida) 


 I was staring at a woodpecker and I was trying to tell the elf about it, but the elf wouldn’t stop pretending he was talking to his imaginary friend.  I was worried because we were now floating in our magic bubble!
(Georgia)


The storm was crazy and it was raining and hailing.  There was fire on the helicopter, and the helicopter went down.  (Jamie)


I was a little bit scared, and a little bit excited.  The elf and I went inside and there he was, Santa in his big brown boots and a red hat with a white fluffy pom-pom.  (Ellie)

I do hope that you have enjoyed my favourite highlights from the children's books, I have had such a ball reading all their books!


The party after our plays and the book readings was sensational!


 We had piles to eat. 


What a great way to end the Literacy morning!


We had so much that we had another go to finish all the food at big play!


 And then again AFTER big play!


Thanks to you all for that yummy food!


No comments:

Post a Comment